ABOUT ED KOPEL, AIA, LEED AP
LICENSES AND ACCREDITATIONS
- LEED Accredited Professional, US Green Building Council 2008
- Member, American Institute of Architects 1997-Present
- Licensed Architect, New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut 1996-Present
- Master of Architecture, Yale University School of Architecture 1989-1992
- Recipient of the Charles O. Matchum Scholarship for Excellence in Architectural Design
- Bachelor of Arts, Columbia College, Columbia University 1985-1989
- Major: Architecture
- Principal of Ed Kopel, Architect, P.C., 2001-Present
- Founded full-service architectural and interior design firm specializing in design-intensive projects that demand imaginative solutions
- Senior Project Manager, Loews Hotel Corporation, NY, NY 1999-2000
- Designed and implemented multiple renovations at Morris Lapidus' Summit Hotel in midtown Manhattan
- Project Manager, Gotham Hospitality, Inc., NY, NY 1997-1999
- Managed hotel renovations and conversions at the Roger Williams, Mansfield and Shoreham Hotels
- Architect, Horowitz Immerman Architects, P.C., NY, NY 1994-1997
- Intern Architect, Fox & Fowle Architects, P.C., NY, NY
- Lecturer, New York University School of Hospitality and Tourism
- Co-taught a required graduate level course in Hotel Design and Development
- Head Teaching Assistant, Yale School of Architecture
- Coordinated and administered Philip Grausman's required graduate level drawing class
SELECTED AWARDS AND EXHIBITS
Winner, Palm Springs California Bike Rack Competition, 2013
- “Arts in Transit.” Winner, Juried Competition for Subway Station Artwork, Metropolitan Transit Authority, April 2007.
- “New Practice Showcase.” Exhibition at the Center for Architecture, NYC, NY. July 2006.
- “Depicting Design.” Juried Exhibition at the Brooklyn Arts Council, Brooklyn, NY. May 2006.
- Charles O. Matchum Scholarship for Excellence in Architectural Design. Yale University, May 1992.